Welcome to Indie Week 2013!
Last last year’s first ever Indie-Pendence Week Celebration was a huge success and we’re excited to bring you another event packed with top-notch Indie authors, stellar giveaways, and spotlights on some of the best Indie books we’ve come across! If you didn’t get a chance to hang out with us last year, here’s the basic lowdown on the event and what you can expect…
Indie Week 2013 Schedule
Monday, July 1
- Welcome & schedule
- Editorial: Author Elisabeth Naughton on chasing your Indie dreams
- Book Spotlight: Wait For Me by Elisabeth Naughton
Tuesday, July 2
- Editorial: Author/publisher Sara King on what the Indie revolution brings to readers
- Book Spotlight: Forging Zero (The Legend of Zero #1) by Sara King
- Guest Review: Liz @ Fictional Candy on Wanderlust by Skye Warren
Wednesday, July 3
- Editorial: Author Jessica E. Subject on the freedom of Indie publishing
- Book Spotlight: Alien Adoration by Jessica E. Subject
- Tech Review: GT’s DaVinciKittie on Google’s Play Books mobile app
Thursday, July 4
- Editorial: Author Heather Long on making it, faking it, and believing in your dreams
- Book Spotlight: A Fistful of Dreams (Fevered Hearts #4) by Heather Long
- Guest Review: April @ Once Upon A Coffin on Oliver’s Hunger by Tina Folsom
Friday, July 5
- Editorial: Author Lara Adrian on how self-publishing saved the day… and her long-awaited Midnight Breed Companion book
- Book Spotlight: The Midnight Breed Companion (Midnight Breed series) by Lara Adrian
- Tech Review: GT’s Rachel S. on the Kindle 3 (Keyboard 3G) eReader
Saturday, July 6
- Editorial: Publisher Oliver Rhodes on how e-books have changed publishing and looking ahead to the future of the industry
- Book Spotlight: The Husband Diet by Nancy Barone
- Tech Spotlight: eReader accessories we love
It wouldn’t be a celebration without copious amounts of giveaways, and we are giving away OVER 50 (FIFTY!!) PRIZES event-wide! To keep things interesting, we’re splitting up the giveaways into two types…
Each day’s editorial post will offer a giveaway of a book from the featured author’s or publisher’s library. These giveaways will be open for 1 week from the time they go live. You’ll have to check out each day’s posts to see what goodies the authors and publishers are offering up, so check back daily!
We also have a smashing lineup of authors and bloggers who support Indie publishing and are participating as event sponsors by offering their own individual giveaways! The winners of these prizes will be announced Sunday, July 7, in our wrap-up post for the week and winners will receive their prizes directly from the sponsors. Want to enter the giveaway? Leave us a comment on this post (or any post where you see the widget) and then fill out the Rafflecopter! You can enter once a day through some of the entry options, so come back daily for more chances to win!
Psst – many of these are international, so everyone can participate!
Thanks so much to all our generous sponsors!
Be sure to visit the sites below to learn more about the authors and bloggers behind our generous event prizes! You can also find them on the Indie Week 2013 sidebar, present on every post during the event…
- Claire C Riley *
- Daryl Devore
- J.E. & M. Keep *
- Karen Y. Bynum
- Kary Rader
- Kate LeMoyne
- Laura Kaye
- LJ DeLeon
- Melissa Kendall *
- Milly Taiden *
- Mina Khan
- Nikki Jefford
- Thomas Winship
- Tigris Eden *
- The Darkside of Romance *
- Victoria Adams
* These sites contain adult content and may not be suitable for young viewers.
ALL PRIZES ARE INTERNATIONAL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY MARKED OTHERWISE!
Share the love!
Please feel free to snag the code for our event badge and share it on your own site!