Book Tour & Giveaway (US/Int): Christmas, Paladin and Vampire-style by Tes Hilare and Elisabeth Staab
In paranormal romance, our heroes and heroines may drink blood or howl at the moon, but everyone longs for the same stuff at the end of the day. They fall in love, pick out china patterns, and want to exchange holiday gifts just like anybody else. Well, maybe not just like everyone else. Tes Hilaire and Elisabeth Staab are here to share their heroes and heroines from Deliver Me from Temptation and Prince of Power, and talk about what special something their badass characters might get for the forever mate in their life.
In Prince of Power, Tyra is a half-breed vampire, sister to the king of her race, and an extremely powerful fighter. Anton was born into the wizard race, the vampires’ enemy, and lived a dark, tortured existence before meeting Tyra. He’d been sent to kidnap her for sinister purposes…but fell in love instead. They both have a lot to be thankful for this year. So what will we find under their tree?
Tyra plans to get Anton:
- “Date Night” Coupons – Come on, the warrior half-sister of a vampire king and the scion of all evil? Issues. Baggage. A weekly Saturday night commitment to sitting down with some red wine and a romcom could be a very good thing, yanno?
- Extra blood – being a cast-out member of the enemy wizard race living among vampires, Anton gets into his share of…misunderstandings. It may be the paranormal equivalent of socks,and underwear, but from time to time blood will be needed to maintain vitality and to heal those little scrapes and bumps that come with interspecies scuffles. Besides, the blood exchange can be sensual among vampires, know what I mean? *nudge, wink* Marvin Gaye’s “Let’s Get It On” plays softly in the background… (someone pour the red wine)
So what does Anton plan to get Tyra?
- A mani/pedi/massage at the Red Door Spa – A vampire fighter gets tense, she gets dirty, she breaks nails. A day of relaxation at a classy, dimly-lit spa is just the thing to lift her spirits. Perhaps throw in some peppermint oil or a cooling mud masque to cool off her pyrokinesis.
- An evil overlord on a platter – After all, what do you get the female who has everything? And nothing says “I love you” like bringing down the greatest threat to her species. Especially when that threat happens to be your father:
“…Tyra,” Anton said quietly. God, his voice was so deep.
He came around to the front of the car and faced her. After a moment he lifted his hands, hesitated, and then grasped her shoulders firmly. A flurry of emotions flowed into her: fear, anger, determination, and a massive truckload of very raw need. It wasn’t sexual, not exactly. More like an intense emotional desire she couldn’t quite name, but it manifested in her body as something sensual–and now was so, so not the time.
“I don’t think you’ve been listening. Everything that I have gone through: the wizards leaving me for dead in the woods, letting you drink my blood, watching over you while you were in torpor, bringing you here to find my father. All of it has been because I am trying to keep you alive.
“For that matter, I’m trying to help keep your whole fucking race alive because what my father has done is vile and I am trying to right a wrong, here. Now.” He stepped back and pegged her with a daring look. “I am coming with you, and that’s not up for negotiation unless you intend to take me out right now…”
The characters from Deliver Me from Darkness and Deliver Me from Temptation have their own reasons to be thankful this year. Let’s check in with Roland, Karissa, Logan and Jessica and see what they found under their tree.
Roland, a fallen Paladin turned vampire, knows that sometimes it’s the more simple things in life that mean the most. And after his mate, Karrisa’s, rollercoaster ride this last summer, he plans to keep things toned down a notch and get Karissa some of the more simple gifts of the holidays. Things like…
- Jeans – specifically more “Lucky” jeans because he firmly believes that the power of suggestion is an amazing thing.
- socks and panties – Socks to keep her feet warm in their rather drafty new apartment… and some new bras and panties because for some reason her old ones keep on ending up trashed. Go figure.
- A diamond ring – and sure, she probably doesn’t need the commercialized symbolism of forever, but after fearing he might never get that with her, he’d sure feel better if she’d accept this simple token of his eternal love for her.
And wow! I can’t wait for Karissa to open the last gift. Good thing I know Karissa has a couple surprises up her sleeve for Roland too…things she’s disinclined to speak of them here at Gravetells, but she will share a couple of them.
- A cross pendant with a citrine gem that catches the light – to remind him that he is as much His warrior as any of the other Paladin.
- Scotch and Doritos -because even a vampire hungers…sometimes.
Jessica has been waiting for months to deliver her gift to her new hunky, Paladin mate. And after the most amazing gift that Logan produced for her? (Check out my webpage for a downloadable copy of the free short) Well she really wanted to make this one special. So why don’t we go and check in for a glimpse under the tree…
Logan came back to consciousness slowly, the dim glow of sparkling lights from the tree gently illuminating the naked woman curled in his arms. A quick glance at the grandfather clock showed it to be twelve-oh-five. Five minutes past midnight and officially Christmas. And wow, what a way to rock in the holiday. He’d take mind-blowing lovemaking that knocked him senseless any day.
“Hmmm…” Jessica shifted, her soft breasts rubbing against his ribcage as she lifted her head. “You’re awake.”
“In more ways than one,” he murmured in reply even as he tried to muster the energy to drag her over him and show her.
She giggled at his half-hearted attempts, wiggling up on top of him herself. Her eyes widened, her tongue running deliciously over her top lip. “My, my, aren’t we a truthful boy.”
“I cannot tell a lie.” And if she gave him a chance he was going to prove his readiness for her again and again and…
She frowned, tapping her finger against her pouty bottom lip. “You know… I did get you something, but I’m not sure you deserve it now.”
“I don’t?” he asked absently, running his hands down over the curves of her hips. God she was gorgeous. And all his. And if he could just convince her to stay here the rest of the night this was going to be the best Christmas ever…until the next one, at least, because if he had his way they were going to make this a fucking tradition—literally.
“Yeah, you see…” she leaned up over her head, her nipples brushing teasingly across his face as she reached out toward the nearby couch and pulled something from beneath the cushion. Sitting back on his belly she displayed her find: a pair of handcuffs, with a key with a bright red ribbon dangling from them. “These are the sort of present you give a naughty boy and well…you’ve been very, very…nice.”
He swallowed, his heart thudding in his chest as he thought of all the possible ways he and his little cop could use those handcuffs. “Oh I don’t know, I think you very well may have corrupted me, because I feel a major case of bad coming on.”
She laughed, the sound like magic in the peaceful stillness of the morning. And when she leaned back down, claiming his mouth with her own, all he could think was, oh yeah, this was the very best Christmas indeed.
About the authors
|Elisabeth Staab still lives with her nose in a book and at least one foot in a fantasy world. Her bestselling paranormal romance novel, King of Darkness, is available now. Her second book, Prince of Power, releases in January. Find out more at ElisabethStaab.com and follow her on Twitter and Facebook.|
|Tes Hilaire’s idea of a perfect vacation would include her porch on a sultry summer night, a good glass of rich, red wine, and a book about darkness, passion, torture and love. Her first novel in the Paladin warriors series Deliver Me from Darkness is available now. The next, Deliver Me from Temptation, releases in December. For more, visit TesHilaire.com and follow her on Twitter and Facebook.|
What would you give your supernatural mate for the holidays? Tes and Elisabeth…ahem, their heroines and heroes, are always looking for ideas. And to help get your merriment on, Elisabeth and Tes are each giving away a copy of their latest, Deliver Me From Temptation and Prince of Power (winner’s choice, paperback or ebook). And thank you as always to DaVinciKittie for humoring—uh, hosting us today!
To enter to win, leave a comment answering the question below then fill out the Rafflecopter widget.
What would you give your supernatural mate for the holidays?
Note: If you are viewing this from our main Feed page, click the title of the post, then scroll to the bottom to view the Comments area. You must leave your comment there, not in the Rafflecopter widget, in order to qualify for the giveaway. Good luck!